Thank you for taking part in alittle Ray of Giving gift appeal and placing a big smile on a sick Child’s face this Festive Season.
Both Ray White Wentworth Point and Westmead Children’s Hospital greatly appreciate your donation.
Donations can be placed under our tree at our office located at 35 Hill Road, Wentworth Point between the 1st December & 19th December 2019. We will be delivering the gifts to the Children on the 20th December.
We have Cards available to write the particulars of the toy, age group, sex etc to ensure the right to gets delivered to the right child.
To make it easier to decide which toys are appropriate for sick kids in hospital, here are some guidelines and a shopping list to consider.
The first thing to think about is the appropriateness of the toy for the child. This Christmas, there will be approximately 300 children staying with Westmead Children’s Hospital and we would be very grateful for gifts suitable for very young babies and toddlers, as well as children 11-18 years of age.
Donated toys must meet the following guidelines:
● For health and safety reasons, toys must be brand new, unopened and still in manufacturers’ packaging or with the tags attached
● There’s no need to wrap the toy as we need to see it to make sure it’s appropriate for each child
● We don’t accept toy guns or war games
● All toys must meet Australian Safety Standards
● Toys can’t have small or easily detachable parts that can be swallowed
● Toys can’t have moving parts that can pinch fingers or hair
● Toys can’t have dangers such as breakable glass, protrusions, or sharp edges
● We don’t accept electrical, spark-producing toys because of fire regulations
● Glue or paint in craft kits must be non-toxic and non-flammable
● All DVDs need to be G or PG Rated
But don’t despair—while that might seem like a lot of exclusions, here’s a shopping list of toy types that are warmly welcomed because they suit a broad range of children.
For general hospital use and all age children
● Personal DVD players, iPads, iPods, Sony Playstation console and G/PG rated games (these are used by the Hospital School) DVDs (G/PG rated only)
● Movie vouchers, iTunes cards, department store or Westfield gift cards. EFTPOS gift cards.
● General art and craft supplies for Child Life Therapy such as small and medium blank canvases, glitter glue sticks, batteries, patty pans, coloured cardboard, cellophane and paper. Stickers of characters such as Disney, pirates, Trolls, mermaids (no merit stickers).
Babies — 3 year-olds
● Toys manufactured as part of Sofia the First, Peppa Pig, Sesame Street. Pillow Pet, FlipaZoo, Thomas the Tank Engine, Sesame Street, Doc McStuffins, Winnie the Pooh.
● Cot mobiles, soft toys, musical books, musical toys, baby rattles, Fisher-Price brand toys.
● Building blocks, Duplo, baby activity boards.
3 – 7 year-olds
● Toys manufactured as part of Shopkins, Barbie, Peppa Pig, Disney, Sofia the First, Paw Patrol, Giggle & Hoot, Frozen, Moana, Dreamworks Trolls, Tinkerbell Fairies, Boss Baby, Dinosaurs, Disney, Marvel and DC Superheroes, Hot Wheels, Minecraft, Minions, Cars, Star Wars.
● Hatchimals, Little Live Pets. LEGO, Ninjago Lego Friends, Duplo. Dress up costumes. Soft toys
such as Pillow Pets, FlipaZoo. Sticker books, colouring books and pencils, crayons, Tea Party Sets
(plastic). Fairy wings and wands.
7 – 10 year-olds
● Colouring in books and pencils and crayons. Painting sets, mosaic sticker sets, jigsaw puzzles, scrapbooking sets. Board games, card games, individual puzzle games e.g rubix cube, Bop It.
● Books such as Anh Do Weirdo, Alice Miranda, Billie B brown Mystery Series.
● Toys manufactured as part of Transformers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ben 10, Meccano, POP Vinyls by Funko e.g. Star Wars characters, Marvel Heroes, Movie characters, DC Superhero Girls Dolls 2017 edition (Heroes and Villains), Furbies,
10 – 12 year-olds
● Activity sets, scrapbooking kits, lightbox with letters, DIY kits e.g. dreamcatcher, beading sets, knitting sets. Velvet Art poster set with textas, jewellery craft kits. Typo notebooks, pens, pencil cases.
● Toys manufactured as part of Robosapien, Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel and DC Heroes, Star Wars. POP Vinyls by Funko e.g. Star Wars characters, Marvel Heroes, Movie characters, Minecraft, iTunes cards, department store or Westfield gift cards, eftpos gift cards. Sports items or fan merchandise.
12 – 18 year-olds
● Caps, sports items, activity or craft packs, Johanna Basford colouring in books with Staedtler Noris colour 185 coloured pencils or Staedtler triplus colour 323 coloured pens. Typo notebooks, pens, pencil cases. Cosmetics such as nail polish sets, personal manicure sets, compact mirrors.
● Bluetooth enabled headphones, movie vouchers, iTunes cards, department store or Westfield gift cards. Sports items or fan merchandise.
Should you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Deviesseux 0419 674 199 or e-mail email@example.com.
The best of the Festive Season to you and your family.