5 simple tips to enhance the look and feel of your apartment
When it comes to enhancing the presentation of your apartment, everything from furniture placement to table lamps, to the wall art can affect how you feel when you’re living in your home.
As local Real Estate Directors, Jeremy Deviesseux and Rebecca Deviesseux are welcomed into homes each week and often asked for tips to help enhance the apartments overall look, feel and in turn increase the value of the home.
Whether you are an owner occupier or tenant in a rental property, below are 5 simple & affordable ways to enhance where you live:
- Make small spaces feel larger. Consider glass tables to keep furniture from feeling too heavy in smaller spaces. When choosing a bed, go for one that has shorter legs or a bed base that sits on the ground to make the ceiling feel higher.
- Change your cushions seasonally. Be bold by mixing textures and patterns by experimenting to celebrate each season with a change of cushions on your sofa and in bedrooms to enjoy an affordable home makeover.
- Pick a statement piece. Having a focal point like a pendant light over the dining table or wall art piece positioned above the sofa to draw the eye towards that area and away from any problematic ones.
- Use mirrors. An interior design trick is to use mirrors to reflect light, or picturesque outdoor views to open up the size of a space. Hang a mirror near a window in a dining room or entrance way to make those areas feel larger and brighter.
- Use an area rug to divide the space. A simple way to define areas in an open floor plan, use an area rug to define the separate spaces of your room. The rug by your couch will frame the main living space—or the rug by your bed designates the boundaries of your bedroom offering a warming cosy feeling.
Feel free to call Rebecca Deviesseux on 0417 674 199, Director of Ray White Wentworth Point to chat further about apartment living tips or ways to enhance the value of your home.